Removal of micropollutants at WWTPs
Resource effective removal of micropollutants
For many years we have been working on the removal of micropollutants including drug residues, microplastics, etc. We have among others worked out guidelines/recommendations for the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency (Naturvårdsverket), together with WWTP in Linköping conducted pilot studies that have resulted in Sweden's first full scale facility for the removal of pharmaceutical residues at a sewage treatment plant, etc. We are also working actively to develop better processes and systems to achieve minimal environmental impact and efficient resource utilization while removing micropollutants, all for a sustainable future.
Overview: Why? What? How? Envionmental impact? Costs? Removal effect?
Review of various techniques incl. advantages/disadvantages, environmental impact, costs, etc.
- Handbook for the removal of micropollutants at WWTPs Pdf, 2.6 MB. (SystemLäk project)
- Subreport SystemLäk on test with with ozonation, activated carbon, biochar, control systems, chloride dioxide, etc. Pdf, 1.9 MB.
- Subreport SystemLäk - Development of analytical methods including detection limits Pdf, 1.1 MB.
- Subreport SystemLäk - Pharmaceutical residues and other emerging substances in the effluent of sewage treatment plants - Review on concentrations, quantification, behaviour, and removal options Pdf, 2.2 MB.
- Removal of pharmaceutical residues using ozonation as intermediate process step at Linköping WWTP, Sweden
- Recommendations to the Swedish EPA about techniques for the removal of micropollutants at Swedidh WWTPs (in Swedish) Pdf, 1.8 MB.
- Treatment with ozone or granulated activated carbon (GAC) Pdf, 1015.1 kB.
- Activated carbon for the removal of pharmaceutical residues from treated wastewater
Mapping of micropollutants
Contact us, regardless of whether you are in need of an initial screening or already have concrete plans/projects. Our long experience, our independent and non-commercial activities, guarantees an honest and realistic assessment of your situation and your needs.